WHMCS Guru Support Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I make 'required' fields in WHMCS Support Tickets stand out?

custom stuff.jpg

Here's one that I've found useful over the years. Pretty easy to do. Make those 'required' fields stand out when it comes to ticket submissions. This does require template edits

Step 1:
Open up whmcs/templates/template/supportticketsubmit-customfields.tpl, replace it all with
PHP:
<div class = "form-group">
               <hr>
               <label class="col-sm-3 control-label" for="customfield{$customfield.id}">Custom Fields</label>
                               <div class="col-sm-6">
                               <p class="help-block">The following custom fields are available. Those marked in <b><font color="red">red</font></b> are required</p>
                               </div>
               </hr>
</div>
{foreach key=num item=customfield from=$customfields}
       <div class="form-group">
{if $customfield.required}
               <label class="support-required control-label" for="customfield{$customfield.id}">{$customfield.name}</label>
{else}
               <label class="col-sm-3 control-label" for="customfield{$customfield.id}">{$customfield.name}</label>
{/if}
               <div class="col-sm-6">
                       {$customfield.input}
                       {if $customfield.description}
                               <p class="help-block">{$customfield.description}</p>
                       {/if}
               </div>
       </div>
{/foreach}
Now, open up templates/template/css/custom.css, and replace it with (or add to it):

CSS:
.support-required {
width: 25%;
color: red;
font-weight:bold;
float: left;
min-height: 1px;
padding-left: 15px;
padding-right: 15px;
position:relative;
}

Of course, you want to edit this to taste. this is just an example of how this can be done

Hey there fellow WHMCS users!

I recently had a question about how to make the 'required' fields in WHMCS Support Tickets stand out more prominently. After some tinkering and research, I found a simple and effective solution that I thought I'd share with you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back